Victorinox 8 Inch Rosewood Chef’s Knife
An all-purpose chef’s knife is an essential tool in every kitchen. The 8″ Rosewood Chef’s Knife can handle nearly every kitchen task imaginable, with its incredibly sharp edge and perfectly ergonomic handle, each cut is like slicing through butter.
Beautiful and authentic to our heritage, each knife in our Rosewood collection is truly a work of art. The well-balanced handles and high quality, lightweight European stainless steel blades have been hallmarks of our cutlery for over 130 years and yet are an intelligent, modern alternative to heavier cutlery. They are the perfect addition to any kitchen that you won’t want to stick in a drawer, or make the perfect gift any recipient would cherish.
While traditional and elegant, our Rosewood Collection doesn’t get by on good looks alone. The tapered knife edge is ground in two directions to hold a sharp edge longer, while the ergonomic handle shape improves grip making each cut that much more comfortable.
The 8″ Rosewood Chef’s Knife is optimally weighted with high-quality, lightweight European steel that reduces hand and wrist fatigue, making it feel less like a knife and more like an extension of the hand. Perfectly suited for dicing onions, mincing shallots, chopping herbs, crushing garlic, slicing meats of all varieties, and shredding cabbage, its versatility will quickly make it your go-to knife.
At 8 inches, this knife offers the heft needed to complete larger tasks effortlessly, while still allowing for perfect maneuverability on smaller tasks that a larger, bulkier knife may not be able to accomplish as easily. The overall shape of the blade, with a long, sloping curve, lends itself to “rocking” very well, allowing one to mince and chop with ease, while the flat spine allows you to comfortably press down on the blade when extra power is needed to slice through hard-skinned items like acorn, or butternut squash.
Whether a seasoned, or novice home chef, Victorinox Swiss Army offers not only the right tools and the know-how, but most importantly, the confidence to achieve one’s culinary aspirations. Expertly crafted in Switzerland since 1884, Victorinox offers a lifetime guarantee against defects in material and workmanship.
- Multipurpose chef’s knife designed for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing with razor sharp, laser-tested, tapered knife edge, which is ground to form an exacting angle, to hold a sharp edge longer and ensure maximum cutting performance and durability
- Rosewood is naturally strong and heavy; chosen for its crack resistance and features color and grain pattern variations that give each handle a unique, natural beauty and will not discolor or corrode
- Triple-rivet handle design provides optimum weight, balance, and cutting performance, making it feel less like a knife and more like an extension of the hand
- Expertly crafted in Switzerland since 1884; designed for professionals who use knives all day, every day; lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
- Please NOTE that this item ships with the International item number 5.2060.20 on the blade and not 47020, 40020, or 5.2060.20RUS3, but is the same 8″ Rosewood Chef’s Knife. The only difference is how the knife is packaged.